Friday, August 3, 2007

Greenlake! This Monday!


Hey all! Hope the summer has continued to treat everyone well. Time has slipped away from me a bit and the Hiroshima memorial event at Greenlake is this coming Monday! Here's the info from the organizer:
Monday, August 6, starts at 6:30pm
From Hiroshima to Hope, A Lantern Floating Ceremony

NW Shore of Green Lake, just south of the former Bathhouse Theater
Free and open to the public

Join us in this annual event to remember those who perished in the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. This family-oriented program will conclude with the Buddhist Toro Nagashi ceremony, a candle-lit lantern commemoration remembering the victims of war and other violence

Initially, we had discussed getting together, swapping some pictures from the trip, and possibly all getting dinner beforehand. Before we commit to this event however, I do want check and see if everyone is still interested in getting together and making the trek out to Seattle. Can everyone post a comment and let us all know whether you are in and are going to be able to make it. Once we see who's coming, we can figure out all of the specific details about where/when we will meet, etc. Also, be sure to spread the word to those folks who aren't checking the blog. Let's try to get this all figured out a.s.a.p.

Hopefully I'll see you guys soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could do it. Easy.
I can't wait.
You people better be going!
>.>

Anonymous said...

Eh... Sorry, but I don't think I'm gonna go. (I'll be home sleeping...) You guys have fun.

Anonymous said...

Nevermind. I got nothing better to do. But yeah, I'm not going unless it's more than us three. No offense. Yeah... Oh well.

We always have September.

Jordan "The J-Man" Ratsch said...

hey id love to go if i could get a ride *cough* hit me up gir_987@yahoo.com

-Goldhammer said...

Alright....so, it looks like we've got: Kristen and Quinn (maybe). Let's see who else we can track down today. Jordan is there if he can get a ride...what about the rest of us? If it's only 2 folks coming, we may need to rethink things...how about we all keep checking the blog throughout the day, see who else we can get to commit, and we'll have all of our final plans posted by 3:30 or so.

-Goldhammer said...

hmmm...doesn't seems like there are any takers on meeting up tonight. I will take another look at the blog around 4:30 or so to see if anyone has changed their minds...but it looks like its a "no go." Bummer...it's pretty clear we should have been a bit more organized with this whole thing. Oh well...

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I wasn't able to go.
I had some ride issues.
I hope that it was fun.~

Anonymous said...

SCHOOL STARTS ON WEDNESDAY!!! Summer is almost over, but I can't wait to see all of my Japan Trip Friends again...